COMMUNITY BASED SERVICES
Community based services strives to attain a goal of “a violent free community of Nabilatuk District in which there is social and gender equity and respect for human rights"
Social Development Sector empowers families, communities and citizens to embrace national values and actively participate in sustainable development.
The sector emphasizes the promotion of social protection, equality, equity, Human Rights, Culture, suitable working conditions, and employment.
Targets beneficiaries include vulnerable groups: women, children, youth, elderly, persons with Disability often marginalized.
The department thrives to achieve community mobilization; mindset change and human capital development as part of the DDP
To empower families, communities and citizens to embrace national values and actively participate in sustainable development
Enhance effective mobilization of families, communities and citizens for the district development
Strengthen institutional capacity of the DLG and non state actors for effective mobilization of communities
Promote and inculcate the district vision and value system.
The Directorate’s mission is “to improve the socioeconomic and cultural conditions of the people through active involvement and participation of the people and partners in a gender sensitive way with emphasis on the disadvantaged and most vulnerable members of the Community”
The strategic objectives of the Directorate include;
- To strengthen the human resource and operational capacities for effective community mobilization and empowerment
- To carry out community sensitization, mobilization and promote participation in development initiatives for improved literacy and household welfare
- To expand social protection measures to reduce vulnerability and enhance the productivity of the human resource
- To promote progressive cultural values, norms and practices through increased support to creative arts and relevant awareness creation
- To promote gender equality, equity and women empowerment through ensuring equitable access to opportunities and participation of both men and women in the development processes
- To promote acquisition and utilization of literacy skills for improved community well being
- To promote and enhance the welfare of children
- To empower the youths with skills for self-reliance and socioeconomic progress
- The improve the welfare and livelihood practices of the elderly
- To integrate PWDs into the socioeconomic life of the community and improve their capacity
- To improve the well-being of PHAs
- To promote and enhance positive and progressive cultural practices
- To institutionalize gender responsive planning and budgeting in all public institutions in the district
- To promote and enhance compliance with relevant laws, policies on occupational health and safety by all public and private sector providers in the district